Wednesday, May 19, 2010

"24 Hour Comics" menu

From 8 a.m. Saturday morning to 8 a.m. Sunday morning, a variable number of university students, some trays of food, art supplies, laptops, and sleeping bags lurked in a spacious art classroom. This was a fantastic deal of fun. The traditional "24 Hour Comics Day" asks masochistic artists to create a 24 page comic (or 100 panel webcomic) in 24 hours. We skewed the "rules" a bit and also turned out poetry, sections of novels, short stories, math homework, and power point presentations.

I, to my great glee, was asked to feed the starving artists we were reeling in for those 24 hours. And I did, I think rather to excess.

24 Hour Comics Menu
Baked Sweet Potato and Asparagus Scramble
Airy Blueberry Muffins
Budapest Coffeecake Muffins
Ginger Orange Scones
Blackberry and Apple Cream Cheese Coffeecake
Dinner Rolls
Pea and Sweet Potato Curry
Raita
Carnitas (Slow Roasted Pork)
Pasta with Parmesan and Asparagus
Garlic Bread

When I post these to the blog, I'll update the links here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Share thoughts, comments, reminisces of delicious things you've eaten, opinions, suggestions, knowledge, questions...